February 24, 2019:
Psalm 37 explains for us a path to being with and following God:
We are not to fret because of the wicked.
We are to trust in the Lord and do good.
We are to commit our way to the Lord, trust in him and watch for God’s actions.
We are to be still before the Lord and wait patiently for God.
We are to refrain from anger and forsake wrath.
We are not to fret or worry about the wicked? I don’t know about you, but I have been doing a lot of fretting since our President and his followers have been a part of our government. The psalmist says that fretting only leads to evil. One thing it does is waste time,
- time we have that is precious,
- time we could be acting against the decisions that are separating us from each other,
- time we could be doing retreats for the Samaritans at the border like Connie and Jesse,
- time we could be enjoying each other and supporting each other in the fight for justice,
- time we could be fleshing out our call we are hearing from God,
- time we could be asking God for help in healing ourselves and others.