Dayspring Retreat Schedule
Dayspring Retreat Center is an ecumenical silent retreat center, a sacred place set aside for silence, solitude, reflection and prayer. The 210 acres of rolling forests and fields invite you to wander the paths, pause by the streams and ponds, rest on a bench in the shade, or walk the stone labyrinth.
Two buildings welcome all who search for silence: The Lodge, overlooking the meadows, has a lovely sitting room with a fireplace and small library, a kitchen and a dining room; and The Inn, nestled in the forest, has 18 individual rooms with twin bed, chair, table, and sink.
We welcome all who are called to deepen the spiritual life through the practice of silent retreat.
For further information: www.dayspringretreat.org.
December 1, 2015: Quiet Day, Tuesday, December 1
December 4 - December 6, 2015: Love Is So Small: A Weekend Retreat
This retreat, in the quiet winter stillness of Dayspring, will be a meditation on the paradoxes and mysteries of the Advent season.
Leader: Carol Martin retired last year from working with children at Jubilee Youth Services of Jubilee Housing. She is a part of Bread of Life Church, was the director of Dayspring Retreat Center for more than 20 years, and has led many silent retreats.
December 11 - December 13, 2015: Sharing Silence: A Weekend Retreat
After an introduction to silent retreat, we will enter the silence for the weekend, without further gatherings for meditations or prayer times. We will gather to share out of the silence and worship together Sunday morning.
Leader: Nat Reid has been the director of Dayspring Retreat Center for 11 years, and has led many retreats.
For the Church of the Saviour Churches. Others welcome as space permits.
December 15, 2015: Ember Day
February 12 - February 14, 2016: Lent: the Spirituality of the Season - A Weekend Retreat
March 11 - March 13, 2016: Dying to Self, We Live: A Weekend Retreat
April 8 - April 10, 2016: Finding your Way by Standing Still: A Weekend Retreat
July 22 - July 24, 2016: Practicing Forgiveness - A Weekend Retreat
Here are the other details you need to know:
- The cost remains $210 per person. People should send in a $75 deposit and registration (or at least indication of which weekend it is for) to the retreat office, unless your church keeps its own registration roster. I will sign people up in the order that I receive their deposits. We take checks or cash, no credit cards.
- If people need scholarship help, we refer them first to the host-church, and then we will help as we are able if further assistance is needed.
- Total capacity is 18 people, including the retreat assistant and the retreat leader (if there is a leader).
- Your church community has up until one month prior to the retreat to fill all the spaces. Once we get within a month of the start date, other people are free to register.
- If your church has a leader for its retreat who requires an honorarium, we assume you will pay the honorarium unless you request that Retreat pay it. If you ask us to pay it we pay $350. It is a big help to Retreat if you can pay the leader’s honoraria, but if you can’t we are happy to help by doing so.
- If there are people coming with dietary restrictions, it is helpful if they can let me know about those restrictions at least a week before the retreat. We can’t accommodate all requests, but will do what we can to meet people’s needs. That said, folks should be prepared to supplement the meals with their own foods if they do have allergies etc.
- We strongly suggest that people plan to stay for the whole retreat. If someone can’t stay for the entire time, we suggest they come on a different weekend when they can stay.
- We welcome people to arrive any time after 3:30 on Friday, and suggest people arrive no later than 6. Dinner Friday is at 7. The code to the gate is 2025. The gate remains open until 9 on Friday. We suggest that people bring a flashlight. Retreats end by 2 on Sunday.
It is a privilege to provide this place for silent retreat for your community. Dayspring is a collective treasure of the C of S churches. We look forward to welcoming your community later this year. On behalf of the Retreat Mission Group, thanks and blessings,
Dayspring Retreat Center
11301 Neelsville Church Rd.ermantown, MD 20876