When and where:
1. All day on Saturday Aug 7, 2021, in-person at Dayspring (10am-5:30pm, lunch provided), and
2. 2 hours on Sunday Aug 8, before church, on Zoom.
Cost: $35 per person, payable to Dayspring Retreat. Checks are preferred, sent to:
11301 Neelsville Church Rd
Germantown MD 20876
You may also pay via online payment on the Dayspring Retreat website
If you have a financial need, scholarships will be provided by 8th Day--contact Maria Barker regarding scholarships, at 202-752-5234, or email her at Martbar@gmail.com.
Theme: "The Truth Shall Set You Free: taking the spiritual lessons learned from our past year in Covid, and emerging with a new truth for our present and future"
Who: Anyone in our wider community who is vaccinated.
Limit of 15 people: (20 total, 5 leaders)
Register: Email: Wendy Dorsey at: FabWendy67@gmail.com
Call her with questions, 240-723-6353
You must pay Dayspring for the retreat at the time you register with Wendy
Lunch: if you have special dietary needs, email Nat Reid at Office@dayspringretreat.org 2 weeks before the retreat, by July 24, 2021
The retreat will provide:
1. A way to be in-person together in silence,
2. A centering theme to help you launch your day and a half of silence and time with your Higher Power. See below for more on the theme.
3. Plenty of time during the day to be on the Dayspring front porch, in the Lodge, the Dayspring grounds, and with yourself.
4. Lunch provided by Dayspring cook extraordinaire Rachel Rudy
5. A time of singing together at 4:45pm (instead of music to just listen to)
6. A brief Vespers liturgy at 5:15 to send us off at the end of the day
7. Time on the Dayspring grounds to gather before the Saturday, 10am start, and after the formal part of the retreat is over on Saturday.
8. Taking the silence home with you Saturday evening
9. Time on Sunday morning (on Zoom) to come out of the silence and share with others on the retreat about your experience .
10. We should end on Sunday in time to attend 8th Day Church on Zoom
More on the theme:
We will be finding a way to re-center our spiritual practices in order to emerge as a new creature, able to be of service to the world in a new way, in a new age.
Like the cicadas emerging from the ground after 17years--we are new creatures after being underground for so long!