And as a community, Christ calls us, the Eighth Day Faith Community, to be his body in the world and to respond to his overwhelming love for us by:
- making a radical commitment to building a caring and just society and joining concretely with the oppressed in their struggles;
- speaking the truth in love and listening to our brothers and sisters as we support one another in following Christ;
- contemplating our relationship to God, our lifestyle, and the community of faith;
- providing a community that welcomes children and families and seeks to nurture children in our city; and
- joyfully participating in life as it is given and celebrating our belonging to the whole of creation and to God.