July 19, 2015
Good morning, thank you for this lovely opportunity to share in spiritual teaching.
This time it will be about the idea of sharing our spiritual and material blessings. But before that, I want to point out that today is an important date for the Lutheran church that I’ve grown up in. In El Salvador and Nicaragua, July 19th is the Day of the Youth.
I’d like us to stand for a moment of silence:
- For the young people who have died for a better El Salvador.
- For those that have had to grow up too soon.
- For the young people in our families and communities here in the United States.
- For those struggling to find their place in the world as adults, we pray that our society can provide what they need to find their calling and the courage to seek it.
- For the young immigrant dreamers and their parents that walk a difficult path.
- For youth without a home and those that must live in many homes.
- Let us be happy also, for the young people in 8th Day that, like birds, leave the nest and come back a little older. Such as Benjamin that has been coordinating youth teachings each second Sunday, Eugene who is a bright star helping with Sunday services, and Javier who has been working to help people with technology, and many others. May God help them keep helping us.